Saturday, 13 May 2017

In Memoriam: 2 Broke Girls



Wow. Another surprise cancellation I totally did not see coming. Though I stopped watching 2 Broke Girls regularly around a year and a half ago, it was still on my radar... I wanted to see Max and Caroline become 2 Rich Bitches but due to CBS's bad decision, we will never see this happen. 2 Broke Girls has a special place in my non-existent TV watch list archives because it effectively reignited my interest and love for the sitcom genre and television as a whole. The stellar performances by the fantastic leads: Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs and the supporting cast led to some of the most raunchy, shocking and hilarious moments I've seen in a sitcom since I started watching old episodes of Married... With Children. It's a shame the show's life was cut short, but I'm sure the legacy for Max and Caroline will live on in the world of syndication and non-stop repeats! And of course, in a decade's time, when the 2 Broke Boys reboot (starring the sons of Max and Caroline) is announced, we'll take a moment to remember the show that started it all.



No comments:

Post a Comment